Traditional Mexican salad; spicy, fresh. Perfect for a hot day. Eat this by itself, or put on burgers, taco’s, or just about anything else. This is a small recipe because I like to make it fresh for every meal, though it keeps well for a couple of days in the refrigerator (and actually tastes a little better after it has set for a while).
A requirement for Quesadillas, in my book.
- One large onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 Jalapeños
- Cilantro (enough for about half a cup, chopped)
- 1 Lime
- Salt as needed
- Chop tomatoes, onion and jalapeños and Cilantro very finely.
- Mix in bowl, adding the juice of the lime.
- Add salt as needed (I use none).
- Let sit, covered, in refrigerator for at least a half hour.
Some people remove the liquid and seeds from the tomatoes and the seeds and inner white part of the jalapeño, but I don’t like to do that myself.